Frequently Asked Questions
Is Precision Spa's equipment safe?
Absolutely! We pride ourselves in having an immaculate and sterile space. We sterilize our surgical steel tools after each client using a medical grade Tuttnauer autoclave. Single use needles and contaminated, disposable supplies are discarded safely after each treatment. Each station is thoroughly disinfected before and after each procedure throughout the day. This means that each set-up is brand new for every client!
What should I avoid before my Precision Eyebrows procedure?
- It is suggested to grow in as much of your hair as possible prior to your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, we can remove them.
- It is required to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to your appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen and other prescribed medications.
Please contact your doctor prior to booking if you are currently prescribed any medications.
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- If you are using any Retinol/Retin-A, Salicylic/Glycolic/Lactic Acid, Tretinoin or Adapalene products on a daily basis, do not use them the 3-5 days prior and 2 weeks after to your procedure around or near treatments area.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- If you are currently taking any other acne or skin prescriptions or treatments, we need to be aware prior to your appointment of which medications/treatments that you are using.
- You cannot be on antibiotics or certain prescriptions 2 weeks before or after the procedure. We advise you to contact your doctor prior to your appointment to see if it is safe.
- If you have an autoimmune disease, we need to be aware prior to your appointment. It is required that you will need a consent letter from your doctor. Please email us a copy before your appointment.
- Any botox treatments or fillers must be done 2 weeks prior and after to an appointment! If you show up to your appointment with freshly done botox your deposit will be forfeited and you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Any chemical peels must be done 3 weeks prior to an appointment and at least6 weeks after, not applying it to the brow area.
- Any facials must be done 4 weeks after avoid applying any exfoliating products it to the brow area.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for at least 14 days before and after your procedure. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn your deposit will be forfeited and you will need to reschedule your appointment.As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy or recently diagnosed, we require a letter of consent form from your doctor emailed prior to your appointment.
- We recommend no laser facials or tattoo removal treatments at least 8 weeks before and after an appointment.
How old do I have to be to get a Precision 3D semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo?
You must be 18 years or older to receive
a cosmetic tattoo service at Precision Spa Inc.
Can I get a cosmetic tattoo if I am pregnant or nursing?
As a precaution, cosmetic tattooing on
pregnant or breast feeding women is prohibited.
What is cosmetic tattooing?
Cosmetic tattooing, also referred to as semi-permanent makeup or micropigmentation, it is the process of implanting all natural color pigments beneath the surface of the skin with tiny, sterile, disposable needles that produce the appearance of hair strokes to enhance the natural features of the face.
What is the difference between cosmetic tattooing and standard body tattooing?
Cosmetic tattooing is softer and more subtle – it is done delicately to create a more natural-looking result. Unlike body tattoos, cosmetic tattoos involve natural pigments. These pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows the artist to make changes to color and shape over the years as client’s natural coloration and facial changes occur.
Does cosmetic tattooing hurt?
A highly-effective, topical anesthetic cream and liquid are used to numb the area before and during your procedure ensuring that you remain comfortable. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure.
How long does cosmetic tattooing last?
Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-2 years. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including: the pigment color used (lighter colors fade faster), sun exposure without SPF, excessive exfoliation to the area and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas will fade it faster. Please note that final results CAN NOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. You will be re-evaluated on how your skin has received the pigment at your touch-up appointment and any necessary changes will be made. Touch-ups are normal for cosmetic tattoo procedures, with each new procedure requiring at least 2 visits. The initial procedure followed by a free touch-up procedure, at least 2 months later. Previously tattooed areas will generally always require additional appointments.
How many treatments are needed?
For most clients, a minimum of two treatments are usually needed, at least 6-8 weeks apart. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. If you feel your cosmetic tattoo did not heal perfectly the first time, do not worry! The first treatment is just a foundation to build upon. You can go darker, add more density and perfect any areas that may have not retained pigment at your next appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had previous work done and are interested in a cover-up/re-work, you MUST email us at PrecisionEyebrows@gmail.com with a clear photo, and contact information, PRIOR to booking your appointment. We must discuss your options first. In some cases where the previous work is too dark, dense, discolored, or large, tattoo correction will be highly recommended before we begin the cover-up/re-work. Previously tattooed areas and cover-ups will almost always require additional touch-ups for best results and will be charged accordingly.
How will I look immediately after?
Your semi-permanent makeup will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days. This will gradually lighten during the complete healing process. Redness and swelling is minimal and will reduce within a few hours.
What factors will affect my cosmetic tattoo?
- Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong your Precision Eyebrows treatment.
- The choice of color: Some colors fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde color will fade quicker than a dark brown color.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken prior to and following your appointment.
What should I do after the procedure?
A detailed aftercare instruction list is explained to you at the time of your appointment. You will also receive an aftercare instruction booklet and a copy e-mailed to you right after your first appointment.
You can also find it on our aftercare page, CLICK HERE
How will my cosmetic tattoo look in the future?
During your appointment, we will analyze your skin's undertone to anticipate how pigment colors will fade in the future. We will also mix pigments to ensure color blends well with your existing eyebrow and hair color. The majority of our clients' cosmetic tattoos stay true to color and lighten naturally over time. Many factors affect these changes. At your follow up appointment, we will re-analyze how your skin has responded to the initial treatment. Special alterations to correct the color and to prevent further color change are made at your touch up. Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually appear softer. To keep your hair strokes looking most natural, a touch up appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.
Will cosmetic tattooing work well for me?
If you have extremely oily skin, the constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with a more diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdered than you would expect.
If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more 2-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
How do I book an appointment?
Appointments can be made by calling Precision Spa at (914)630-4566
Speak with our lovely receptionist, Kayla during business hours:
Tuesday 10am – 7pm
Wednesday 10am – 7pm
Thursday 10:30am – 5pm
Friday 10:30am – 5pm
Saturday 10:30am – 4pm
Please note that a non refundable $50-$100 deposit is required to schedule and secure your appointment and is deducted from the total price of your cosmetic tattoo. This deposit is to ensure that you are serious about your appointment. If you cancel or miss your appointment, you will simply forfeit your deposit.
Do the artists travel?
Currently, all of our artists only work out of
Precision Spa Inc.
261 Halstead ave.
Harrison, N.Y. 10528
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept CASH and CREDIT CARD payments only. NO CHECKS.
(Service charges are applied to all credit card payments. Gratuity is not included - cash only please.)
What is the cancellation policy?
All new appointments require a $50-$100 deposit which holds your appointment date and time and is non-refundable.
A $30.00 fee is applied on top of your deposit if you fail to cancel 48 hours prior to your set appointment time.
A $50.00 fee is applied on top of your deposit if you fail to cancel and do not show.
If you cancel before the 48 hour time frame and want to reschedule, your deposit is kept and applied to your next appointment.
If you fail to cancel 48 hours prior to your appointment or do not show and want to make a new appointment a new deposit will be required.
If you choose to cancel an appointment in a respectable and timely manner your deposit may go towards a different spa service and can be used within 6 months but, it is nonrefundable.
If you are more than a half hour late to your appointment and do not call to inform us, you will be charged the no show fee of $50.00 and you will need to leave a new deposit to schedule your next appointment.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!